SEAHAWK WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL RESULTS
Coast Guard 3, Salve Regina 0
Newport, R.I. - Rodgers Recreation Center
Thursday, October 10, 2019
NEWPORT, R.I. - After being in danger of dropping the first set, visiting United States Coast Guard Academy rallied to sweep the Salve Regina University women's volleyball team 3-0 (29-27, 25-22, 25-20) in non-conference action Thursday evening.
Series and Streaks
The Bears remain unbeaten, 7-0 versus the Seahawks.
Three Stars of the Match
- Coast Guard freshman Noelle Tursky (Fort Myers, Fla.) notched seven kills, four aces, eight digs, and had a match-high 25 assists.
- Coast Guard senior Angelou Dunton (Seattle, Wash.) posted a double-double with 10 kills and 11 digs.
- Coast Guard sophomore Mary Sweet (Chardon, Ohio) had seven kills and four solo blocks.
The Seahawks had set-point five times in the first set, but could not put the Bears away. A kill from Bridget Doyle (Dunwoody, Ga.) tied things up at 27-27, then consecutive errors from the Seahawks gave the Bears a 1-0 lead in the match. The Seahawks would keep the remaining sets close, but never had set-point again the remainder of the match.
- Katie Linekin (Ridgefield, Conn.) led the Seahawks with 12 digs.
- Olivia Noonan Rochester, N.H.) led the Seahawks with 15 assists while fellow junior Meredith Arancio (Oradell, N.J.) chipped in 12 assists and nine digs.
- Andee Bender (Lebanon, Conn.) led the Seahawks offense with eight kills and a block.
- Veronica Hine (Virginia Beach, Va.) led all players with 16 digs for the Bears.
- The Bears have won 21 of the 23 sets played between the schools.
- The Bears had nine service aces
Salve Regina (6-12) hits the road again for a tri-match at Rivier this weekend. Coast Guard (14-5) returns home to host Bowdoin.