CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (September 26, 2019) -- The Lesley University women's soccer team celebrated its Alumni Night with a 1-0 win over the visiting Salve Regina University Seahawks. The third straight win for the Lynx brings them to 7-1 on the season, while Salve Regina falls to 5-4.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Lynx honored their class of 2014 tonight. Casey Decareau, Victoria Ellis, Taylor Smith, Veronica Halen, and Sarah Apgar were all on hand to remember the class' three NECC championships.
- Lesley struck early, thanks to a strong header sent into the net by Maddy Dietrick off a Kerrie Larson corner kick in the third minute of the game. The goal was Dietrick's third of the season, while Larson earned her fifth assist.
- The early goal was enough for the Lynx. Larson and the Lesley defense were able to keep the Seahawks from getting too deep in their territory and limit the opposition to a single shot on the night.
- Larson, Hope Seasholes, Sophie Smurthwaite, and Gabby Vesona all played exceptionally in front of Brittley Gaan, who saved the one shot sent her way.
- The Lynx offense had opportunities, but the Salve Regina defense was able to hold strong after the early mistake. Lesley took seven total shots, with Jenna Park saving four of five in net and the team keeping another two balls from getting through.
- Claire Hounslow led the Lynx with five shots, while Carah Cote got the only shot off for the Seahawks.
- The win brings Gaan to 3-1 on the season, with this being her second shutout, while Park falls to 4-4.