SEAHAWK WOMEN'S SOCCER RESULTS
Salve Regina 0, Gordon 0 [2OT]
Newport, Rhode Island - Reynolds Field
Wednesday, October 19, 2016
Salve Regina University women's soccer posted its eighth shutout of the season and recorded its second scoreless tie of the season, after finishing 0-0 in 110 minutes with Gordon College in Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) action at Reynolds Field. With the draw, Salve Regina maintained its slim lead over Gordon in the league standings.
Series and Streaks
The Fighting Scots own a 19-8-2 record in the all-time series, but the teams have split the last seven meetings with three wins apiece and today's tie.
- Salve Regina's Carly Pala (Milford, Conn.) now has an 8-4-1 record on the season following her 11-save effort.
- Gordon's Kali Denty (Marshfield, Mass.) stopped all 14 shots on her net with tremendous range to move her record to 6-5-2. Denty raised her save percentage to .910 to continue as the league leader.
- Last year's CCC Rookie of the Year Abby McMackin (Walpole, Mass.) moved from forward to back several times during the match and led the Seahawks with six shots on goal.
- Freshman Devin Lacroix (Candia, N.H.) paced the Scot attack with four shots on goal.
- Salve Regina oushot Gordon, 21 to 15, including 14 to 11 for shots on goal.