SEAHAWK WOMEN'S SOCCER RESULTS
Salve Regina 2, Curry 0
Newport, Rhode Island - Reynolds Field
Saturday, October 15, 2016
Salve Regina University women's soccer sophomore Abby McMackin (Walpole, Mass.) volleyed in a loose ball in front of the net at 35:08, and the Seahawks scored another in the second half to defeat visiting Curry College, 2-0, at Reynolds Field in Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) action.
Series and Streaks
The Seahawks end a three-game win streak for the Colonels in the last three meetings, but Curry still owns a 17-13 mark in the all-time series. Six of Salve Regina's eight victories in 2016 have been by shutout; now with seven shutouts on the season including a 0-0 tie with Bridgewater State on Sept. 20.
- Salve Regina has its first multiple-goal game since a 2-0 victory over Coast Guard on Sept. 13.
- McMackin's goal was her second of the year, giving her the same status as three other Seahawks with more than one goal on the season - Ella Rath (4), Francesca Galeazzi (2), and Delaney Maxell (2).
- Ella Rath (Pawcatuck, Conn.) scored her team-leading fourth goal at 58:42 with an assist from Taylor Meyers (Washington Township, N.J.).
- Carly Pala (Milford, Conn.) made one save for her third complete-game shutout. She shared minutes in every other (but one) Seahawk shutout with Morgan McBrier (North Kingstown, R.I.).
- Morgan Stott (Dartmouth, Mass.) started in net for the Conlonels and allowed both Seahawk goals while stopping seven shots. Kristen Buzzotta (Lynnfield, Mass.) logged just over 15 minutes in the second half and made three saves for Curry.
Salve Regina (8-6-1, 3-3-0 CCC) - hosts Gordon College on Wednesday, October 19 at 3 p.m.
Curry (6-7-2, 1-4-1 CCC) - at Rhode Island Col. on Monday, October 17 at 4 p.m.