SEAHAWK WOMEN'S ICE HOCKEY RESULTS
Salve Regina 3, Becker 1
St. George's - Middletown, R.I.
Friday, November 8, 2019
MIDDLETOWN, R.I. - Sophomore defenseman Kimberly Dunn (Quincy, Mass.) assisted on every goal for the Salve Regina University women's ice hockey team as it defeated Becker College 3-1 in Colonial Hockey Conference (CHC) play Friday evening.
Series and Streaks
The Seahawks take a 2-1 lead in the all-time series.
Three Stars of the Game
- Salve Regina sophomore Kimberly Dunn had a hand in every Seahawks goal racking up three assists. She now has four assists on the season after not recording a single point in her freshman campaign.
- Salve Regina freshman Jillian Egan (Cranston, R.I.) scored her first career goal in the second period. It proved to be the game-winning goal.
- Salve Regina sophomore Madison Jalbert (Beverly, Mass.) made 17 saves to earn her first career victory. She is now 1-2-0 on the season in net for Salve Regina.
Maddy McCann (Westerly, R.I.) scored on the powerplay with just 62 seconds remaining in the second period to give the Seahawks a 3-0 advantage. The Hawks found the scoring touch early in the third with Cassidhe Wozniak (Turner Falls, Mass.) scoring her first career goal, but the deficit was too much for Becker to overcome and the Seahawks held the Hawks to just four shots on goal in the third to secure the victory.
- Amanda Fantasia (Billerica, Mass.) scored her team-leading second of the season on the powerplay to start the scoring in the first period.
- Madelyn Morgan (Riverside Calif.) made 28 saves to fall to 1-1 in net for the Hawks.
- Salve Regina went 2-for-6 on the powerplay while holding the Hawks to 0-for-3 with the advantage.
- The Seahawks held a 31-18 edge in shots.
Salve Regina (1-2-0, 1-0-0 CHC) and Becker (1-2-0, 0-1-0 CHC) will play again tomorrow in Leicester, Mass., in the second game of this home-and-home series at 6:30 p.m.