SEAHAWK MEN'S LACROSSE RESULTS
Salve Regina 12, Mount Ida 9
Middletown, Rhode Island - Gaudet Field
Tuesday, March 6, 2018
The Salve Regina University men's lacrosse team scored six straight goals spanning halftime to take control of a non-conference match and earn a 12-9 victory over visiting Mount Ida College.
Series and Streaks
The Seahawks own a 8-4 advantage in the all-time series.
Three Stars of the Game
- Salve Regina junior Mike Mongelli (Roslyn, N.Y.) collected a game-high 10 groundballs and caused a game-high six turnovers.
- Mount Ida senior Cam Hayward (Derry, N.H.) made 22 saves in the loss between the pipes for the Mustangs.
- Salve Regina senior Andrew Fera (Cranston, R.I.) scored four times and handed out an assist.
Key Stat of the Game
The Seahawks outshot the Mustangs 47-22 and 34-16 in shots on the goals.
The Seahawks scored three straight goals to go from down one, to up two at halftime, then scored the first three goals of the third quarter to take a 10-5 lead. The Seahawks never relinquished the lead, even though the mustangs got close with a 3-0 spurt to close the third quarter. Andrew Fera's fourth goal and an Alex Makoske tally at 9:37 of the fourth were all the scoring the Seahawks would need the rest of the way as they road a three goal lead to the finish line.
- Matt D'Amore (Duxbury, Mass.) made seven saves to improve to 3-2 in net for the Seahawks.
- Owen LaPorte (Farmington, Conn.) paced the Mustangs in scoring with three goals.
- Alex Zito (Andover, Conn.) won a game-high 12 faceoffs as the Mustangs held a 13-10 advantage in that department.
- The Seahawks held a 48-23 advantage in groundballs.
Salve Regina (3-2) will host Johnson & Wales on March 8 at 5 p.m.
Mount Ida (0-2) travels to face Keene on March 9 at 7 p.m.