Posted: Mar 17, 2017
TAMPA, Fla. - The Berry men's lacrosse team earned the 17-8 win over Salve Regina to open their spring break trip on Sunday evening.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Vikings jumped out to a 7-2 lead in the first off goals from Berchock, Kurila, Gannon, Ferguson, Harris and Martin
- Berry extended the lead, scoring four more goals in the second from Berchock, Elgin, Gannon and Koferl.
- The Vikings shut Salve Regina out in the third, but tallied six more to push the lead to 17-3.
- Salve Regina scored five in the fourth, but were unable to catch the Vikings as Berry walked away with a 17-8 victory.
- Chris Berchock: 5 G, 9 SH, 3 GB
- Luke Koferl: 3 G, 4 SH
- Hudson Harris: 2 G, 6 SH, GB
- McKinley Gannon: 2 G, 4 SH
- Riley Brogdon: W (3-2), 5 SV, 8 SH
SALVE REGINA STANDOUTS:
- The Vikings improved to 6-2 with the win. The Seahawks are now 4-2 on the season.
- Berry will continue their spring break trip with a Thursday night contest against Nichols in Davenport, Fla. Salve Regina will face Vassar on March 17 at 11 a.m. for its final game in Tampa, Fla.