SEAHAWK FIELD HOCKEY RESULTS
Salve Regina 5, Nichols 1
Gaudet Field- Middletown, R.I.
Tuesday, October 8, 2019
NEWPORT, R.I. - Sophomore forward Eliza Timms (Agawam, Mass.) continued her hot scoring streak, netting two more goals for the Salve Regina University field hockey team, in a 5-1 victory over Nichols College in Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) action Tuesday evening to remain undefeated at home this season.
Series and Streaks
Salve Regina is 22-17-0 all-time versus the Bison.
Three Stars of the Game
- Salve Regina sophomore Eliza Timms scored her 16th and 17th goals of the season as she continues to lead the Seahawks in scoring.
- Salve Regina freshman Casey Febus (Soudertown, Pa.) made two saves to collect her eighth win in net for the Seahawks.
- Nichols freshman Mackenzie Doran (Wolfeboro, N.H.) scored her seventh goal of the season as the lone goal for the Bison.
The Bison only had one shot in the third quarter and it belonged to Doran, who found the back of the net, putting the Bison on the board after having just fallen behind 3-0. The Seahawks responded eight minutes later with a goal from Ashley Cody (Pawling, N.Y.) to reestablish a three-goal lead. Then Timms potted her second of the night to open the fourth quarter to give the Seahawks their largest lead.
Key Stat of the Game
Salve Regina outshot the Bison 31-8 and 15-3 in shots on goal.
- Brooke Misbach (Guilford, Conn.) made five saves in 50:21 of action, falling to 2-8 between the pipes this season, before being relieved by junior Hannah Seigel (New Milford, Conn.) who made four saves for the Bison in the fourth quarter.
- Salve Regina has won seven straight games at home.
- Eliza Timms, the CCC's leading goal scorer, has scored in five straight games.
- Salve Regina held an 11-4 edge in corners.
Salve Regina (8-3, 4-2 CCC) travels to face Western New England on Saturday, October 12, in another CCC matchup. Nichols (3-8, 0-6 CCC) returns home to host University of New England on Saturday.