SEAHAWK FIELD HOCKEY RESULTS
Salve Regina 6, Eastern Connecticut State 1
Gaudet Field- Middletown, R.I.
Saturday, August 31, 2019
NEWPORT, R.I. - Senior forward Ashley Cody (Pawling, N.Y.) scored a hat-trick to power the Salve Regina University field hockey team to a 6-1 victory over visiting Eastern Connecticut State in a non-conference meeting Saturday morning.
Series and Streaks
Salve Regina leads the all-time series 4-3.
Three Stars of the Game
- Salve Regina senior Ashley Cody had a hand in five of the Seahawks six goals. She scored three times and handed out two assists.
- Salve Regina sophomore Eliza Timms (Agawam, Mass.) scored once and dished out two assists.
- Eastern Connecticut junior Keira Integlia (Branford, Conn.) made 16 saves in the loss.
Timms and Cody each scored 33 seconds apart the begin the second half, giving the Seahawks a commanding 4-0 lead. Lindsey McKeon (Chester, Conn.) scored in the 49th to put the Warriors on the scoreboard, but Cody's netted her third in the 53rd minute and Hannah Bedrosian (Seekonk, Mass.) capped the Seahawks scoring in the 57th to secure the 6-1 victory.
Key Stat of the Game
Salve Regina outshot the Warriors 45-6 and 22-3 in shots on goal.
- The Warriors held an initial 5-1 edge in corners through one quarter, but the Seahawks out-chanced them in that department the remainder of the game, finishing with a 12-7 advantage.
- Casey Febus (Souderton, Pa.) made her first collegiate start and made two saves to earn the victory between the pipes for Salve Regina.
Salve Regina (1-0) hosts Wheaton on September 4, at 6 p.m., in another non-conference matchup. Eastern Connecticut (0-1) travels to face Wesleyan on September 4 at 5 p.m.