BRISTOL, R.I. (October 22, 2019) - The Roger Williams University women's volleyball team collected a 3-0 Commonwealth Coast Conference victory over in-state rival Salve Regina University Tuesday evening.
- Maddie Neuberger (Remsenburg, N.Y.): 9 kills, 1 dig, 2 assists, 1 block assist, 2 service aces
- Julia Fields (Cortlandt Manor, N.Y.): 31 assists, 2 digs, 4 service aces, 2 block assists
- Katherine Pickard (St. Petersburg, Fla.): 8 kills, 4 digs, 1 assist, 2 block assists
- Lara LoIacono (Lynbrook, N.Y.): 6 kills, 9 digs, 2 service aces, 2 block assists
- Tori Melanson (North Attleboro, Mass.): 7 kills, 1 dig, 4 block assists
For The Opponents
- Katie Linekin (Ridgefield, Conn.): 7 digs, 2 assists, 1 service ace
- Meredith Arancio (Oradell, N.J.): 15 assists, 8 digs
- Andee Bender (Lebanon, Conn.): 6 kills, 4 digs, 1 block assist
- Annie Donahue (Chelmsford, Mass.): 9 kills, 1 digs, 1 solo block, 1 block assist
How It Happened
The opening set was close early on until the Seahawks used a 5-0 run to turn a 9-8 advantage into a 14-8 lead. RWU managed to pull their way back in the match, eventually tying things at 22 apiece before taking a 24-22 lead. The Hawks would eventually claim the set 25-23.
In the second set, RWU scored five of the first six points and stormed out to a 9-4 lead. The Seahawks cut away at the deficit, pulling within two (16-18). However, Roger Williams ended the set on a 7-0 run, earning the 25-16 win.
The third set was similar to the second, in that Roger Williams began the game with a 9-4 lead. Salve Regina brought it within two, but the Hawks would eventually build their lead up to eight (20-12). Tori Melanson had a hand in the Hawks 4-0 match-ending run with three block assists to help the Hawks pick up the 25-14 win.
Roger Williams (10-13, 3-2 CCC): Saturday, October 26 at Western New England @ 12 p.m.
Salve Regina (9-13, 3-3 CCC): Thursday, October 24 vs. Eastern Nazarene @ 7 p.m.