SEAHAWK WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL RESULTS
Wentworth 3, Salve Regina 0
Newport, R.I. - Rodgers Recreation Center
Wednesday, October 2, 2019
NEWPORT, R.I. - Visiting Wentworth Institute of Technology defeated the Salve Regina University women's volleyball team 3-0 (25-21, 25-12, 25-14) in Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) action Wednesday evening.
Series and Streaks
The Seahawks still lead 14-8 in the all-time series however the Leopards have won the last three meetings.
Three Stars of the Match
- Wentworth senior Leah Rogoz (Woodridge, Ill.) posted a double-double with a match-high 13 kills and team-high 15 digs.
- Wentworth freshman Jordan Chapman (Clearwater, Fla.) had a match-high 37 assists and four services aces. She also chipped in eight digs.
- Wentworth freshman Riley Waggoner (Simi Valley, Calif.) struck for a match-high .444 clip with nine kills, a block, and two assisted blocks.
The Leopards posted 14 kills in each set, striking at a .252 clip as a team for the match.
- Katie Linekin (Ridgefield, Conn.) led the Seahawks with 17 digs.
- Olivia Noonan Rochester, N.H.) led the Seahawks with 16 assists through the first two sets and Katelyn O'Brien notched eight helpers in the third and final set.
- Senior captain Annie Donahue (Chelmsford, Mass.) paced the Seahawks attack with eight kills.
- The Leopards knocked in eight service aces.
Salve Regina (6-10, 2-1 CCC) hits the road again for another Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) match versus Endicott on Tuesday, October 8. Wentworth (11-4, 2-1 CCC) returns home to host a tri-match on Saturday, October 5.