WATERTOWN, Mass. (October 2, 2019) -- Makenzie Sadler (Mystic, Conn.) and Delaney Pothier (Mattapoisett, Mass.) both contributed two wins as Salve Regina University women's tennis defeated Wentworth Institute of Technology, 6-3, in Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) action at the Mt. Auburn Tennis Club on Wednesday evening.
Pothier made her collegiate debut and paired with sophomore Lauren Harvey (Edmond, Okla.) for an 8-5 win at first doubles. Afterwards, the freshman from Old Rochester Regional High School was the first to complete a singles match with a 6-0,6-0 score at third spot. Sadler paired with senior Shealyn FitzPatrick (South Windsor, Conn.) for an 8-2 victory at third doubles before turning in a 6-1,6-1 final at second singles.
The Seahawks improve to 26-2 in the all-time series with the Leopards in women's tennis.
Tennis Match Results
Salve Regina vs Wentworth
10/02/19 at Watertown, Mass.
(Mt. Auburn Club)
Salve Regina 6, Wentworth 3
1. Ali Sollecito (WIT) def. Lauren Harvey (SRU) 6-2, 6-1
2. Makenzie Sadler (SRU) def. Olivia DeLuca (WIT) 6-1, 6-1
3. Delaney Pothier (SRU) def. Sam McGibbon (WIT) 6-0, 6-0
4. Morgan Collins (WIT) def. Shealyn FitzPatrick (SRU) 6-2, 7-5
5. Annemarie Haas (SRU) def. Hannah Erickson (WIT) 6-2, 6-3
6. Lily Gorman (SRU) def. CiCi Deakin (WIT) 6-0, 6-1
1. Lauren Harvey/Delaney Pothier (SRU) def. Ali Sollecito/Morgan Collins (WIT) 8-5
2. Olivia DeLuca/Sam McGibbon (WIT) def. Lily Gorman/Annemarie Haas (SRU) 8-5
3. Makenzie Sadler/Shealyn FitzPatrick (SRU) def. Hannah Erickson/CiCi Deakin (WIT) 8-2
Salve Regina 2-6, 2-4 CCC
Wentworth 3-7, 1-5 CCC
Order of finish: Doubles (3,1,2); Singles (3,6,2,1,5,4)
Official: David Keene T-2:25 A-35