SEAHAWK WOMEN'S SOCCER RESULTS
Salve Regina 3, UMass Dartmouth 0
Reynolds Field - Newport, Rhode Island
Tuesday, September 24, 2019
NEWPORT, R.I. (September 24, 2019) -- Junior midfielder Carah Cote (Adams, Mass.) scored her first goal's of the season when she registered her first career hat-trick to help the Salve Regina University women's soccer team to a 3-0 shutout victory over UMass Dartmouth in a non-conference matchup Tuesday afternoon.
Series and Streaks
UMass Dartmouth still leads the all-time series 17-10-1, however the Seahawks have won three in a row over the Corsairs.
Three Stars of the Game
- Salve Regina junior Carah Cote, who scored every goal for the Seahawks, double her career goal totals with a hat-trick.
- Salve Regina sophomore Isabel Valerio (Proctor, Vt.) made her first career start and made seven saves to earn a shutout.
- UMass Dartmouth junior Jaimee O'Brien (West Springfield, Mass.) made 12 saves in the loss, matching her season-high for saves.
Key Stat of the Game
Carah Cote had three shots on goal, all three found the back of the net.
Cote scored her first goal in the 11th minute off a feed from senior captain Emily Szemreylo (Marlborough, Mass.). Cote carried the ball straight to the goal and shot it in for the early 1-0 lead. Later CCC rookie of the week Meaghan McLaughlin (East Hampton, Conn.) fed a ball in stride to Cote who scored while being knocked to the ground for a 2-0 lead 23:40 into the contest. Cote notched her third of the day in the 60th, this time sneaking a slow rolling shot past the Corsair keeper for her third tally of the afternoon.
- Salve Regina outshot UMass Dartmouth 22-16 and 15-7 in shots on goal.
- Ella Rath (Pawcatuck, Conn.), a former Seahawk (2016-17), led the Corsairs in shots.
- The Seahawks have twice shutout opponents this season.
Salve Regina (5-3-0, 1-0-0 CCC) begins a three-game road trip versus Lesley on Thursday, September 26. UMass Dartmouth (1-5-0) remains on the road and faces Plymouth State this Saturday.