SEAHAWK WOMEN'S LACROSSE RESULTS
Johnson & Wales 23, Salve Regina 10
Middletown, Rhode Island - Gaudet Field
Saturday, March 10, 2018
Four separate players recorded four goals or more for visiting Johnson & Wales University which defeated the Salve Regina University women's lacrosse team 23-10 Saturday afternoon in a non-conference meeting.
Series and Streaks
The Wildcats own a 3-0 record in the all-time series.
Three Stars of the Game
- Johnson & Wales senior Raquel Pederzani (Coventry, R.I.) scored five times and handed out three assists.
- Johnson & Wales sophomore Maria Patane (Greenwich, N.Y.) scored five times and dished out a single assist.
- Johnson & Wales freshman Dani Lydecker (Valley Cottage, N.Y.) scored four times and won a game-high seven draw controls.
Key Stat of the Game
The Wildcats won 21-of-33 draws allowing them to outshoot the Seahawks 43-23, including 20-8 in the second half.
Despite trailing the entire game the Seahawks were keeping themselves with hailing distance. However a 6-1 spurt midway through the second half for the Wildcats pushed the lead to 20-8. With the double digit lead the Wildcats were able to run the clock and leave Middletown with a 23-10 victory. Three of Pederzani's five goals came during that stretch, including two free-position scores.
- Katie Kline (Brookfield, Mass.), Kaity Doherty (Portsmouth, R.I.), and Kiley Anderson (East Greenwhich, R.I.) each had two goals to lead the Seahawks scoring.
- Doherty's goals were the first two of her collegiate career.
- Freshman goalie Cassidy O'Hara (Mashpee, Mass.) made five saves for the Wildcats to improve to 3-1 on the season.
- Christina Myers (River Edge, N.J.) got the start in net for the Seahawks and made two saves before being relieved by Bridget Newbury (Bridgewater, Mass.) who stopped six shots and falls to 0-1 on the season between the pipes.
- The Wildcats went 5-for-8 on free position shots while the Seahawks were held to 0-of-3.
Salve Regina (0-4) will host Mount Holyoke on March 21, at 8 p.m.
Johnson & Wales (3-1) travels to play Emerson on March 14 at 7 p.m.