SEAHAWK WOMEN'S LACROSSE RESULTS
Coast Guard 17, Salve Regina 3
Middletown, Rhode Island - Gaudet Field
Tuesday, February 27, 2018
Powered by hat-tricks from four separate players the United States Coast Guard Academy women's lacrosse team defeated Salve Regina University 17-3 in non-conference action Tuesday evening at wind-swept Gaudet Field.
Series and Streaks
The all-time series is tied 1-1.
Three Stars of the Game
- Coast Guard freshman Brenna Farrington (East Northport, N.Y.) scored four times to lead all players and handed out an assist.
- Coast Guard senior Daria McKenna (Mystic, Conn.) scored three times and dished out two assists.
- Coast Guard freshman Haley Howard (Wilton, Conn.) won eight draws, assisted on two goals, and caused two turnovers.
Key Stat of the Game
The Bears outshot the Seahawks 44-18 and held a 17-5 advantage in draw controls, allowing the visitors to control the game.
The three goals in the final three minutes of the first half and two quick goals to start the second half gave the Bears a double-digit lead that they never relinquished. Coast Guard scored the final seven goals of the game and held the Seahawks scoreless in the second half.
- Rebecca Dolan (Wilmington, Del.) made nine saves to improve to 2-0 between the pipes for the Bears.
- Christina Myers (River Edge, N.J.) made nine saves while allowing 13 goals in relief of Bridget Newbury (Bridgewater, Mass.) who made two saves and allowed four goals while logging 7:57 of action.
- The Seahawks fell behind 1-0 and tied the game on an Olivia Slysz (South Hadley) man-up goal. The Bears answered with four more scores, including a man-down tally from Haley McCue (Arnold, Md.) before Maddie Villareal (Portsmouth, R.I.) tallied another man-up goal for the Seahawks.
- The Bears closed the first half on a 6-1 run to lead 11-3 at halftime.
Salve Regina (0-1) will travel to face Simmons on Thursday, March 1, at 7 p.m.
Coast Guard (2-0) hosts St. Joseph's (Long Island) on Saturday, March 3, at 1 p.m.