SEAHAWK WOMEN'S ICE HOCKEY RESULTS
Salve Regina 6, Anna Maria 0
Friday, November 30, 2018
PAXTON, Mass. - The Salve Regina University women's ice hockey team scored four time in the first period on its way to a 6-0 victory over Anna Maria College in non-conference action Friday evening.
Series and Streaks
This was the first-ever meeting between the two schools in women's ice hockey.
Three Stars of the Game
- Salve Regina junior Lexie Anderson (San Francisco, Calif.) scored the first two goals of the game and assisted on the final tally.
- Salve Regina junior Amanda Fantasia (Billerica, Mass.) had a goal and two assists.
- Salve Regina senior Taylor Chisholm (Discovery Bay, Calif.) scored a shorthanded goal in the third period and added an assist on the night as well.
Key Stat of the Game
The Seahawks outshot the AMCATS 39-8.
The game remained scoreless midway through the first period until Fantasia setup Lexie Anderson for the first goal of the game. It proved to be the game-winning goal. Less than five minutes later it was Chisholm who fed Anderson for a score and the Seahawks took a 2-0 lead. Goals from Kylee Babcock (North Reading, Mass.) and Mikayla Anderson (University Place, Wash.) came 49 seconds apart late in the period to round of the first frame with the Seahawks leading 4-0.
- Gabrielle Ohanesian (Bozeman, Mont.) made 33 saves in the loss for the AMCATS.
- Jennifer O'Connell (Marstons Mills, Mass.) started in net for the Seahawks before being relieved in the second period by Madison Jalbert (Beverly, Mass.). The two combined for eight saves and the shutout.
- Neither team converted on the powerplay with the Seahawks going 0-for-1 and the AMCATS going 0-for-3 with the man advantage.
Salve Regina (2-8-1) hosts UMass Boston on Saturday, December 1 at 7 p.m., while Anna Maria (1-7-0) hosts Becker.