SEAHAWK WOMEN'S ICE HOCKEY RESULTS
William Smith 7, Salve Regina 2
St. George's Howard Rink - Middletown, R.I.
Friday, October 26, 2018
MIDDLETOWN, R.I. - Visiting William Smith College scored 33 seconds into the game and never trailed in a 7-2 victory over the Salve Regina University women's ice hockey team in non-conference action Friday evening.
Series and Streaks
The Herons own a 5-0 record in the all-time series.
Three Stars of the Game
- William Smith junior Gina Scibetta (Brewerton, N.Y.) scored 33 seconds into the game and again midway through the third period. She also added an assist.
- Salve Regina senior Jennifer O'Connell (Marstons Mills, Mass.) made 27 saves in the loss to fall to 0-1-0.
- William Smith freshman Abbey Luth (Dartmouth, Mass.) scored the first goal of her career with two seconds remaining in the third period. She also assisted on the Herons third goal.
Key Stat of the Game
The Herons outshot the Seahawks 33-17, holding the Seahawks without double-digit shots in all three periods.
Carley Bauckham (Westchester, N.Y.) scored on the powerplay for Salve Regina to draw the Seahawks within two goals, 3-1, with still 16:03 to play in the second period. However less than three minutes later, Maura Mulligan (Troy, N.Y.) cleaned up a loose puck near the Seahawks net to get the goal right back. The Seahawks would not get any closer the rest of the game.
- Sophomore goaltender Olivia Williams (Toronto, Ontario) made 15 saves to improve to 1-0-0 between the pipes for the Herons.
- Rebecca Hasting (Boulder, Colo.) scored her first of the season with 3:57 remaining in the third period for Salve Regina.
- The Seahawks went 1-for-5 on the powerplay while the Herons went 1-for-3 with the advantage.
- The Herons have outscored the Seahawks 25-3 in their five meetings all-time.
Salve Regina (0-1-0) will play William Smith (1-0-0) again tomorrow, October 27, at 2 p.m., at St, George's.