SEAHAWK WOMEN'S ICE HOCKEY RESULTS
Salve Regina 4, Wesleyan 3
Middletown, Conn. - Spurrier-Synder Rink
Wednesday, December 9, 2015
All-Time Series & Streaks
The Seahawks now own a 7-3 advantage in the all-time series and swept both games with the Cardinals this season. The Seahawks have also won four straight on the Cardinals home ice.
Three Stars of the Game
1 – Salve Regina sophomore Briana D'Avolio (Reading, Mass.) scored two unassisted goals to tie that both tied the game in the first and third periods respectively.
2 – Salve Regina junior Amanda Cronin (Medfield, Mass.) scored the game-winning goal in overtime for the Seahawks.
3 – Salve Regina freshman Jennifer O'Connell (Marston Mills, Mass.) made 29 saves in her second career start of the season to improve to 2-0-0.
Key Stat of the Game
The Seahawks were outshot most of the night by the Cardinals, but registered the only shot on goal of the overtime period; a game-winner off the stick of Amanda Cronin to give Salve Regina a 4-3 road victory.
The Seahawks had been out worked and outshot through two periods, but when Briana D'Avolio scored to tie the game early in the third period the Seahawks found their legs and a second gear, scoring to take the lead just three minutes later.
- This was the third straight overtime game the Seahawks have played this season.
- There were only four penalties all game and none in the third period or overtime.
- Both teams went 0-2 with the man advantage.
- The Cardinals scored a single goal in every period except overtime.
- Lauren Mead (Morristown, N.J.), Alex Horton (Great Neck, N.Y.), and Jessica Brennan (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.) scored for Wesleyan. Each scored their second goals of the season.
Salve Regina (5-2-2) – Saturday, December 12 at Amherst, 7:30 p.m.
Wesleyan (1-5-0) – Sunday, January 3 at Hamilton, 3 p.m.