SEAHAWK MEN'S LACROSSE RESULTS
Endicott 15, Salve Regina 11
Middletown, R.I. – Gaudet Field
Saturday, March 12, 2016
After scoring six straight goals to take the lead the Salve Regina University men's lacrosse team could not find the back of the net again and fell to Endicott College 15-11, suffering its first defeat of 2016 in Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) action.
Series and Streaks
This was the 21st meeting between the two teams in a series that started in 1997. The Gulls own a 21-0 advantage in the all-time series. This was the narrowest margin of victory for Endicott in those games.
Three Stars of the Game
1 – Endicott junior Colin Bannon (Westport, Conn.) scored four times while handing out four assists.
2 – Endicott junior Will Jennings (Danvers, Mass.) scored five times.
3 – Salve Regina sophomore Andrew Fera (Cranston, R.I.) scored four times.
Key Stat of the Game
The Gulls finished the game on a 5-0 scoring run over the final 10:08 in the fourth.
Salve Regina trailed 10-5 with 6:40 to go in the third quarter and it seemed like the Gulls had taken complete control of the game. The Seahawks scored two quick goals to edge with three, then scored twice again with 2:50 and 2:12 remaining in the quarter. The scoring run continued into the early parts of the fourth quarter with goals from Eric Backus (Mansfield, Mass.) and Sharp Jones (Scituate, Mass.) to give the Seahawks a 11-10 lead. The lead didn't last long though as Colin Bannon scored from the ensuing faceoff to even things at eleven. The Gulls would score four more times while holding the Seahawks to just three shots the remainder of the fourth quarter.
- Sharp Jones had his fifth hat-trick of the season, scoring three times on seven shots.
- The Seahawks outshot the Gulls 36-35 while going 2-3 with the man-up. The Gulls were 0-1 with the man advantage.
- Sophomore goalie Matt D'Amore (Duxbury, Mass.) made eight saves as he suffered his first loss (6-1) on the year.
- Junior attack Nick LoCicero (Lynbrook, N.Y.) notched a single goal and recorded a team-high three assists.
- Endicott goalie Cameron Bell (Falmouth, Maine) made 14 saves to improve to 2-3 on the season.
- Tommy Hughes (Coram, N.Y.) went 16-for-25 in the faceoff circle and collected a game-high nine ground balls while Jake Gonzalez (Tolland, Conn.) went 10-25 on faceoffs and picked up a team high five ground balls for Salve Regina.
- The Gulls had a 41-33 advantage in ground balls.
Salve Regina (6-1, 0-1 CCC) – Wednesday, March 16 at Clark University, 7 p.m.
Endicott (2-3, 1-0 CCC) – Tuesday, March 15 at Lynchburg College, 7 p.m.