SEAHAWK FIELD HOCKEY RESULTS
Salve Regina 4, Nichols 1
Middletown, R.I. - Gaudet Field
Tuesday, September 26, 2017
Series and Streaks
This was the 35th meeting between the two teams. The Seahawks now own a 20-15 record in the all-time series and have won seven in a row over the Bison.
Three Stars of the Game
- Salve Regina senior Amber Cody (Pawling, N.Y.) scored twice as she continues to pace the CCC in goals scored (11).
- Salve Regina freshman Tori Bickel (Harleysville, Pa.) scored her sixth goal of the season and dished out an assist.
- Nichols sophomore Brooke Misbach (Guilford, Conn.) made a game-high 16 saves in the cage for the Bison in the loss, falling to 3-6 on the season.
Key Stat of the Game
The Seahawks held a 13-1 advantage in penalty corners. The Bison's lone corner came with just 20 seconds remaining in the game.
Carlee Tolley (Chatham, Mass.) scored on a breakaway chance in the 43rd for the Bison to trim the Seahawks lead down to 2-1. The Seahawks took an immediate timeout to regroup and answered with an Amber Cody score three minutes later. In the 58th Bickel carried the ball down the right side and hit Cody in stride, who then angled her way towards the right post, cutting inside of a Bison defender and squeezing a shot past the keeper for the fourth and final score for the Seahawks.
- Salve Regina held a 30-8 advantage in shots with a 21-4 advantage in shots on goal.
- Jessie Severino (Branford, Conn.) made three saves as she improves to 5-3 in goal for Salve Regina.
Salve Regina (5-3, 4-1 CCC) - hosts Elms College on Sunday, October 1 (1 p.m.).
Nichols (3-6, 0-5 CCC) - hosts University of New England on Friday, September 29 (4 p.m.).