Salve Regina scored the game's first goal before Endicott went up 3-1 on freshman attack Meghan Dutchyshyn's (Cheshire, Conn.) strike to score the Gulls' monumental 100th goal of the team's current six-game conference win streak at the 21:20 minute mark of the opening stanza.
Salve Regina then cut the deficit to 4-3 for as close as the Seahawks would get the rest of the way, for Endicott caught fire with nine unanswered goals to go into halftime with a 13-3 advantage.
The second half was more modest, as Endicott doubled up Salve Regina, 6-3, in the stanza, but the Seahawks forced more Gulls' turnovers (10-to-7 in the the half).
Nevertheless, Endicott coasted to another blowout victory to remain unblemished in conference play this season.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- During the Gulls' current six-game win streak, the team has scored 116 goals, averaging 19.33 per game.
- Sophomore goalie Bella Rino (Northborough, Mass.) earned her sixth-straight win (6-0) in goal as she made a ia game-high eight saves before giving way to senior Maura Grady (Marblehead, Mass.) with 18:50 remaining in the game.
- Freshman midfielder Jennifer Lacroix (Wrentham, Mass.), the two-time reigning CCC Rookie of the Week, tallied a game-best six points (four goals, two assists) to lead the Gulls in scoring on the day, including two free-position goals to add to her team-leading 11 on the year.
- Lacroix also won a game-best seven draw controls.
- Senior midfielder Emily Whitney (Rye, N.H.) tied Lacroix for a game-high with four goals (also one assist), while scooping up a game-best six ground balls and causing a game-most three turnovers.
- Senior attack Meghan Lennon (Canton, Mass.) and Dutchyshyn each chipped in hat tricks to go with one helper apiece.
- Sophomore midfielder Ali Campbell (Lakeville, Mass.) dished out a game-best three assists.
- Freshman attack Maddie Villareal (Portsmouth, R.I.) paced Salve Regina with three goals and one assist.
- Villareal is tied for third in the CCC with 38 goals this season.
- Freshman goalkeeper Bridget Newbury (Bridgewater, Mass.) was dealt the loss (5-6) as she allowed 17 goals while making seven saves before being replaced by classmate Abby Weisrock (Hartland, Wisc.) with 13:55 remaining in the game.
- The Gulls are 23-0 all-time and 16-0 at home against Salve Regina dating back prior to the 2001 season.
- Endicott won the most recent meeting before today, 12-10, during the regular season on April 12, 2016 in Middletown, R.I.
Endicott (9-3, 6-0 CCC) welcomes Emerson College to its campus on Saturday, April 15th at 3:00 p.m. for a non-conference contest. Salve Regina (5-6, 1-3 CCC) goes on the road at Rhode Island College in non-conference action on Thursday, April 13th at 6:30 p.m.