SEAHAWK WOMEN'S ICE HOCKEY RESULTS
Endicott 3, Salve Regina 1
St. George's School - Middletown, R.I.
Saturday, December 2, 2017
MIDDLETOWN, R.I. – The No. 7 Endicott women's ice hockey team defeated Salve Regina by a score of 3-1 tonight at the St. George's School Ice Rink. The Gulls took a 1-0 lead late in the first period on a goal from Teneal Perry (Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada). Just over six minutes into the second frame, Ellen Carter (Roseville, Minn.) made it 2-0 nothing in favor of Endicott with her fourth goal of the season. Jillian Gibbs (Burlington, Vt.) added another goal less than seven minutes later to put the Gulls up 3-0. Salve Regina responded with a tally from Amanda Fantasia (Billerica, Mass.) to cut the deficit to 3-1 heading into the final period of play. Endicott continued to pressure offensively but netminder Jennifer O'Connell (Marstons Mills, Mass.) was able to come up with several big saves to keep the score at 3-1 through the remainder of the contest.
Series and Streaks
Endicott remains unbeaten in 2017-18 (9-0-1) and improves to 3-0-1 in the all-time series with Salve Regina.
Three Stars of the Game
- Endicott junior Teneal Perry (Hailfax, Nova Scotia) scored the game's first goal and assist on the second.
- Salve Regina junior Jennifer O'Connell (Marstons Mills, Mass.) made 54 saves for her second highest total on the season.
- Endicott junior Ellen Carter (Roseville, Minn.) scored the game-winner, her fourth goal of the season.
Key Stat of the Game
Salve Regina successfully killed all five penalties.
After Amanda Fantasia (Billerica, Mass.) scored her third goal of the season, and third in last two nights, the Seahawks remained on a 5-on-4 power play. Senior defenseman Meredith Peppes (Lincoln, R.I.) unloaded a shot off the right post that deflected across the goal line away from the net.
- Amanda Fantasia paced the Seahawk offense with four shots.
- Ellen Carter led the Gulls offense with 10 shots.
- Endicott held a 57-18 shot advantage.
- The Seahawks have faced two nationally-ranked teams in a span of five days; on Tuesday, No. 9 Connecticut College won 2-0 (d3hockey.com poll).
- Salve Regina and Endicott will meet again on January 6, 2018, in Beverly, Mass.
No. 7 Endicott (9-0-1) travels to Wesleyan (Conn.) on Friday, Dec. 8 for a 7 p.m. contest. Salve Regina (2-10-0) is at Nichols on Wednesday, Dec. 6 at 5:40 p.m.